Saturday, June 1, 2013

Broccoli with Potato and Capsicum Fry: A Zesty Side dish

It is a long time i have posted a food recipe as i have been busy with work and family related stuffs. Last weekend, when i went for shopping, i saw this cute looking Broccoli, so i just bought it on a whim and i was planning on prepare a salad from it, but at the last moment changed my mind and got into preparing a tasty side dish. As usual, i used potato - my favorite which i put in most of my vegetable dishes, and added my own spices to the dish and created my own new dish, that also my first Broccoli dish. Luckily, the end result was so good, it was delicious (if i say so myself :) ) and here I'm posting it....

Ingredients Required:

1 small Broccoli (cooked)
2 medium-sized Potatoes(cooked and mashed)
1 medium-sized Capsicum (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped finely)
1 tspn garlic minced
1 tspn Chilly Powder
1 tspn Garam masala
1/2 tspn Turmeric Powder
1/2 tspn Mustard seeds
Curry Leaves
Salt as required
Oil as required

How to prepare:

  1. Heat a wide pan with oil. Once the oil heats, pop the mustard seeds.
  2. Add onion and minced garlic to the pan and stir-fry it for 5 minutes.
  3. To the onion mix, throw in the cooked Broccoli, mashed potato and raw capsicum and saute  it with red chilly powder, garam masala, turmeric and salt till the vegetables are uniformly coated.
  4. Fry the pan mixture for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Decorate the Broccoli dish with curry leaves and serve hot with Rice/Bread/Rotis.

 











No comments:

Post a Comment